Here are some of the goings-on for North Point Church this week:
Many of our college-aged members are in South Padre this week with the intent on sharing the gospel with as many spring breakers as possible. So far, the trip has been a fruitful one. The gospel has been faithfully proclaimed and many have come to profess faith in Christ. Pray:
- That the lives of who have professed belief in Christ would bear fruit in keeping with genuine repentance and faith.
- That our students would be humble yet bold in their gospel proclamation.
- That we, as a church, would have the humility to be encouraged by and learn from their commitment to evangelism and grow in our own commitment to love the lost.
You can keep up with what’s happening at Beach Reach through #BR2016 on Twitter (you don’t need an account to read along).
We’re back in our “Creed” series this weekend. We’ll be picking up with Article 6 on “Justification”:
“We believe that justification is God’s declaration that those who believe in Christ are righteous in His sight because He has fully forgiven them of their sin and imputed Christ’s righteousness to them. We affirm that justification is given freely by God, not in consideration of anything we have done, but solely through faith in Christ and His finished work. This justification brings us into peace and favor with God, and secures our eternal destiny with Him.”
The sermon text is Romans 3:19-31. Read ahead and pray for fruit! If you’re interested in some useful audio for your own edification and, ultimately, to be equipped to edify others, here is a 4-part series on “Justification” delivered by the late Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones (tribute video) at Westminster Theological Seminary:
- Justification: Historical Basis (Part 1)
- Justification: Scriptural Basis I (Part 2)
- Justification: Scriptural Basis II (Part 3)
- Justification and Evangelism (Part 4)
Our elders have begun meeting! These times have included extended times of praying for you and the ministry of our church. Early discussions have been fruitful as we look forward to new seasons of ministry in our church that includes deacon ministry, equipping, evangelism, and missions. Please pray that God would give us wisdom as we prayerfully seek to lead and shepherd North Point Church into greater joy through and faithfulness to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Specifically, you can pray for:
- Our marriages and families. The two surest ways for Satan to disqualify an elder is to attack his doctrine and his home. If we are men who cannot shepherd our own homes, we surely cannot shepherd the household of God. Pray that we would love and serve our families well as we seek to do the same for you.
- Chase and Jono’s schedules. As non-paid elders with day jobs, these men and their families willingly sacrifice much so that you would be led and loved well. Ask God to give them wisdom in their schedules. That they would be given to neither laziness nor busyness, but that they (along with myself) would so organize their lives to best serve the good of others and the glory of God.
- Shepherding. An elder’s most fundamental vocation is not as a board of directors, or spiritual entrepreneurs, or business gurus, but shepherds. As we think and talk through adding additional structure in the life of our church to support more gospel ministry, pray that these would never supplant the hard work of knowing, leading, teaching, and loving people.
I’m thankful to God for you and for the evident work of God’s grace in our church! May there be much, much more!
For His Glory,